Monday, January 24, 2011

Differences

These are just some differences between Australia and the U.S. that I took note of during our trip. I have pictures of local foods and signs to go along!
  1. North: warm and tropical; South: cooler weather  
  2. Rubbish = trash 
  3. Driving: right side of the road as well as the lanes reversed 
  4. Soda = cold drink 
  5. Shrimp: prawns 
As shown, prawns in Australia are left au naturale. 

  1. Drinking age: 18 


Just a picture I took in a bar. You will never see that here in the states!

  1. Time difference: 16 hours, 45 minutes 
  2. Little customer service. No food returns, you must go and pick up your own food at some restaurants, no tips
No one loves Gelato more than me. However, I did not get any flavor because the lady behind the counter would not let me sample the different flavors. I guess its not normal to give food samples in Australia.

  1. Not rice crispy treats but "rice bubbles" 
  2. Taxes are included with the initial price of the item
  3. Money bills are made of plastic, no pennies!
  4. Ketchup is not that popular here and it costs extra money. It is also called tomato sauce 
  5. Lots of drinking and lots of gambling. Australia has the highest gambling rate in the world 
  1. Credit cards: sign. Debit cards: number
  2. McDonalds: Mackie's. Breakfast: Brekkie 
  3. Sprite = Lemonade - Lemonade = Sprit
  1. Subway is popular 
  2. One dollar and two dollar coin
  3. Ice is a luxury 
  4. Very expensive place, minimum wage is 15 dollars per hour
  5. Pram = strolle

A national delicacy, Kangaroo. Too bad I had it on my plate but chickened out of eating it.

Another dish which I don't see often: Octopus! I heard it was very seafood tasting. 

Great dessert. the mousse was really good.

Wonderful restaurants with amazing scenery.

This was the best yogurt that I have ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment