Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Greetings From Sydney!


I am finally in Australia! The trip here was very adventurous, I had two stops in Chicago and Los Angeles. Even though I could not stay long enough to tour the cities, I had an original Chicago style hot dog in "Chi Town". The United flight to Sydney was on a 747 double decker plane, it was very big and first class had their own units with reclining chairs and footrests. I found out on the flight to Sydney that United is merging with Continental. Despite the financial difficulties of the airline industry, I had three full meals on the flight to Sydney. When I arrived here the weather was wonderful, around 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Sydney is a very tropical place and I am enjoying it already. I had to get used to the time difference though. Australia is 16 hours and 40 minutes ahead of East coast time; I missed all of January 4th! The British colonized Australia so people drive on the right side of the car, similar to England.
Chicago would not be the same without Oprah!
I didn't get to see the famous Chicago skyline so this picture will have to do. 


Stop two; the city of Angles
I took this picture after 10 hours on the plane. I was so excited that we were so close to landing.


The first view of Australia from the plane.

Pure Joy! 

Never in my life did I see a double decker Airport Train like this. When getting my ticket for the airport train, all I had to do was click a student discount button on the screen to get $3 off. This was intresting to me because the system just trusted that I was telling the truth with no verification needed. To me, this represents the very trusting nature of Australilan culture.


This is a view from our hotel. I thought this was fitting because Qantas is an airplane company my group studied before coming to Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment