Sunday, January 9, 2011

Koala's and Kangaroos!

I have had such an eventful few days that I am just now getting some free time to write this blog. Yesterday, I went to a Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane. The center was along the river so we all took a Brisbane river cruise to the center. During the cruise I learned that in Australia in the 1960's women were not allowed to drink in the bars, so in protest, some women chained themselves to a bar along the riverside and eventually that led to a change in the legislation. The Brisbane River is brown, however it is not because it is dirty, but because the currents change direction four times a day, which stirs the mud in the river floor. When I arrived at the sanctuary, I was so excited to see the Koala bears at the sanctuary. However, I was most surprised with the Kangaroos. The Kangaroos there were very domesticated and I was able to pet and fed them.
Brisbane River Cruise


Me feeding a kangaroo

Teonna and I on the Brisbane River




Pepsi and I taking a picture



Some of the flooding in Queensland

No comments:

Post a Comment